lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Search problem; cannot search the existing word in the index content
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 14:23:19 GMT
A couple of things:
1> try searching with &debugQuery=on attached to your URL, that'll
give you some clues.
2> It's really worthwhile exploring the admin pages for a while, it'll also
give you a world of information. It takes a while to understand what the
various pages are telling you, but you'll come to rely on them.
3> Are you really searching with leading and trailing wildcards or is that
just the mail changing bolding? Because this is tricky, very tricky. Search
the mail archives for "leading wildcard" to see lots of discussion of this
topic.

You might back off a bit and try building up to wildcards if that's what
you're doing....

HTH
Erick

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Mint o_O! <mint.com@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on the index/search project recently and i found solr which is
> very fascinating to me.
>
> I followed the test successful from the tutorial page. Starting up jetty
> and
> run adding new xml (user:~/solr/example/exampledocs$ *java -jar post.jar
> *.xml*) so far so good at this stage.
>
> Now i have create my own testing westpac.xml file with real data I intend
> to
> implement, putting in exampledocs and again ran the command
> (user:~/solr/example/exampledocs$ *java -jar post.jar westpac.xml*).
> Everything went on very well however when i searched for "*rhode*" which is
> in the content. And Index returned nothing.
>
> Could anyone guide me what I did wrong why i couldn't search for that word
> even though that word is in my index content.
>
> thanks,
>
> Mint
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message