lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From jlist9 <jli...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr on Tomcat, how to use an external data directory?
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 20:48:27 GMT
My solr index works fine with the embedded Jetty. I'm trying to move the
index to Tomcat. Following the wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat,
I put this line in setenv.bat:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"
"-Dsolr.solr.home=D:\opt\solr\example"

Tomcat seems to be picking it up. If I point it to a non-existent
directory or an empty
directory, Tomcat complains about it in console log.

However, the /solr/admin/stats.jsp page still shows that solr is using a default
directory, which is unsurprisingly located in tomcat bin dir:

readerDir : org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory@D:\Java\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\solr\data\index

Any idea what else I need to do to use an external solr index
directory in Tomcat?

Thanks,
Jack