lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Wang <>
Subject Re: Weird Behavior When Querying Field of Type String
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 18:18:40 GMT

I tried the lower case search (productType:productbean) and I did not get any results either.
Luke shows that "ProductBean" for the field, not sure whether it's indexed term or stored
term. Does this mean that this is not a case issue?

Here is the field definition in the schema:

<field name="productType" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" />



On May 12, 2010, at 11:58 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:

Not til this evening, don't have a handy SOLR implementation to ping...
But another option is to get a copy of Luke and look at the index, but the
same caution
about seeing terms not stored data holds.

Or you could just try your troublesome search with all lower case for your
term (not field)
and see what happens, that'd also point to a casing problem.

And finally, posting your schema for the relevant field would also provide
useful to look at....


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message