lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Stuart <david.stu...@progressivealliance.co.uk>
Subject Re: Storing different entities in Solr
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 18:06:58 GMT
Hi,

So for your use case are you wanting to search for a consultant then
look at all of his or her request or pull both at the same time? In
both cases one index should suffice. In you define a primary key field
and use it for both doc types it shouldn't be an issue. Unless your
dataset in very large it would reduce the overhead of running a
multicore solution especially in indexing etc

David Stuart