lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Lobato <alob...@symplicity.com>
Subject Re: Any realtime indexing plugin available for SOLR
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 21:51:58 GMT
Funny enough, I've been looking for my own solution too.  The Zoie plugin does not work on
multi-core setups, so that's bust for me.  Once you commit something to index, you need to
"warm" a new searcher (load all the data from disk into memory/cache) like Erik says.  On
a smaller index, this is very very quick, however on a larger index, not so much.

Solr 1.5 will (hopefully) have a new feature that will allow for near real time searching.
 Check this out:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/NearRealtimeSearch

On May 27, 2010, at 6:00 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On May 26, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Dennis Gearon wrote:
>
>> I thought that if entries were COMMITed to the index, they were immediately visible?
>>
>> Is this true, or am I smoking Java coffee beans?
>
> They're visible after a commit AND warming are complete, yes.   But there could be a
potentially substantial delay between a commit message being sent and the new documents actually
searchable.

> 	Erik

---
Antonio Lobato