lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From RamaKrishna Atmakur <ramkrishn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Strange behavior for certain words
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 00:26:52 GMT

Hi,
   We are trying to use SOLR for searching our catalog online and during QA came across a
interesting case where SOLR is not returning results that it should.

Specificially, we have indexed things like "Title" and "Description", of the words in the
Title happens to be "Prepaid' and "Postpaid". However when we search on those words, SOLR
does not return any results.
But if we search on some other words in the same title in which the word "Prepaid" occurs
then the correct results are returned. In fact SOLR even returns the result count for the
Prepaid and Postpaid facets.

We know that there are no synonyms associated with both those words and these words are also
not in any other list such as stopwords.txt etc.

Any idea as to why this should be happening ?

Thanks in advance,
Rama