lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 17:50:56 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM, revas <revas.34@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a server with many solr  instances running  (around 40-50) .
>
> We are committing documents  ,sometimes one or sometimes around 200
> documents at  a time .to only one instance at a time
>
> When i run 2 -3 commits parallely  to diff instances or same instance I get
> this error
>
> PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2
>
> What is the Best approach to solve this

You should see that warning only when you run multiple commits within a
short period of time to the same Solr instance. You will never see this
warning when performing commit on different instances. So, do you really
need to commit on the same instance in such short time? Can you batch
commits?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.