lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From dc tech <dctech1...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR Based Search - Response Times - what do you consider slow or fast?
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 03:11:56 GMT
We are using SOLR in a production setup with a jRuby  on Rails front end
with about  20 different instances of SOLR running on heavy duty hardware.
The setup is load balanced front end (jRoR) on a pair of machines and the
SOLR backends on a different machine. We have plenty of memory and CPU and
the machines are not particularly loaded (<5% CPUs). Loads are in the range
of 12,000 to 16,000 searches a day so not a huge number. Our overall
response  (front end + SOLR) averages 0.5s to 0.7s with SOLR typicall taking
about 100 - 300 ms.

How does this compare with your experience? Would you say the performance is
good/bad/ugly?