lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject RE: How to query for similar documents before indexing
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 21:11:54 GMT
Hi,

Deduplication [1] is what you're looking for.It can utilize different analyzers that will
add a one or more signatures or hashes to your document depending on exact or partial matches
for configurable fields. Based on that, it should be able to prevent new documents from entering
the index.

The first part works very well but i have some issues with removing those documents on which
i also need to check with the community tomorrow back at work ;-)

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication

Cheers,

-----Original message-----
From: Matthieu Labour <matthieu_labour@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon 10-05-2010 22:41
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org;
Subject: How to query for similar documents before indexing

Hi

I want to implement the following logic:

Before I index a new document into the index, I want to check if there are already documents
in the index with similar content to the content of the document about to be inserted. If
the request returns 1 or more documents, then I don't want to insert the document.

What is the best way to achieve the above functionality ?

I read about Fuzzy searches in logic. But can I really build a request such as
mydoc.title:wordexample~ AND mydoc.content:( all the content words)~0.9 ?

Thank you for your help