lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Darren Govoni <>
Subject Re: Bizarre TFV output
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:06:06 GMT
Well stated. You are correct.

Here is the field

<field name="text_t" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"

It uses the text field type as its defined in Solr schema. I didn't
change it.

The input text is a 6 page UTF-8 text document, the relevant line the
term seems to be related to. Just a sentence with no specific

"...perform more queries and read more results. Even though this example
is simple, consider cases where there are intersections between
thousands ..."

Maybe I need to indicate tokenized?


On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 12:52 -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Thanks for the explanation Chris. I'll try it but the term
> : "<lst
> : name="queriesandreadmoreresultseventhoughthisexampleissimpleconsidercaseswheretherear">
> : 
> : strikes me as not very legitimate and the source text is just space
> : bounded words so even if its doing what it is supposed to, I'm not sure
> : this term is helpful in the index.
> i didnt' say it was helpful -- i just said there's no indication of a bug 
> in TFVC.  it may be a bug in your source data, or a bad decision in your 
> field type, or a bug in the indexing code ... it's not neccessarily 
> "right" but nothing you've posted gives any indication of a bug in solr.
> show us your fieldtype and your source data and we might be able to offer 
> more help, but as is all you've shown us is that you have a really long 
> term in your index.
> -Hoss

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message