lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance sorting multivalued field
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:01:34 GMT

>>Well, sorting requires that all the unique values in the target field
>>get loaded into memory
That's what I tought, thanks.

>>But a larger question is whether what your doing is worthwhile
>>even as just a measurement. You say
>>"This is good for me, I don't care for my tests". I claim that
>>you do care
I just like play with things. First checked the behavior of sorting on
multiValued field and what I noticed was, let's say you have docs with field
called 'num':
doc1->num:2;doc2->num:1,num:4;doc3->num:5
Sorting by the field num what you get is:
After sorting asc I get: doc2,doc1,doc3.
The behavior seems to be always the same (I am not saying it works like that
but it's what I've seen in my examples)
After seeing that I just decided to check the performance. The point is
simply curiosity.