lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: optional vs. probhibited aka standard vs. dismax handler
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:38:52 GMT

On 29.06.2010, at 13:24, Jan H√łydahl / Cominvent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In DisMax the "mm" parameter controls whether terms are required or optional. The default
is 100% which means all terms required, i.e. you do not need to add "+". You can change to
mm=0 and you will get the same behaviour as standard parser, i.e. an "OR" behaviour, where
the "+" would say that a term is required.

ok thx

> Using the "-" in DisMax still means prohibited.

what do you mean with "still"? .. with the default it behaves like "optional" in my tests.
i will test with mm=0 if it behaves like prohibited.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org