lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Saïd Radhouani <r.steve....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting many properties for a multivalued field. Schema.xml ? External file?
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:23:05 GMT
Thanks so much Otis. This is working great.

Now, I'm trying to make facets on pictures: display doc w/ pic vs. doc w/o pic

To the best of my knowledge, everyone is saying that faceting cannot be done on dynamic fields
(only on definitive field names). Thus, I tried the following and it's working: I assume that
the stored pictures have a sequential number (_1, _2, etc.), i.e., if pic_url_1 exists in
the index, it means that the underlying doc has at least one picture:

...&facet=on&facet.field=pic_url_1&facet.mincount=1&fq=pic_url_1:*

While this is working fine, I'm wondering whether there's a cleaner way to do the same thing
without assuming that pictures have a sequential number.

Also, do you have any documentation about handling Dynamic Fields using SolrJ. So far, I found
only issues about that on JIRA, but no documentation.

Thanks a lot.

-Saïd