lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject dealing with dash chars in fields when using dismax
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:27:30 GMT
Hi,

I am using dismax on solr 1.4 and I am running into an issue with fields that contain dash
chars:
Foo-Bar - Company

Now if someone searches for exactly "Foo-Bar - Company" the resulting dismax query would disallow
"Company" when trying to find a match.
Obviously I could just ignore all "-" in any query strings, but that would prevent power users
from prohibiting words is there some magic I can enable that would make this use case possible
with sensible scoring for the results?

Of course I could put in some work on the client side to index things accordingly, but I guess
in that case I rather just remove support for prohibiting words.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org