lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sarfaraz masood <sarfarazmasood2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Change the Solr searcher
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:38:49 GMT
I am a novice in solr / lucene. but i have gone
thru the documentations of both.I have even implemented programs in
lucene for searching etc.

My problem is to apply a new search technique other than the one used by solr.

Now as i know that lucene has its own searcher
which is used by solr as well.

*Ques.. Cant i replace this searcher part in
SOLR by a java program that returns documents as per my algorithm ?

i.e I only want to change the searcher part of solr. I have
studied abt customizing the scoring which is absolutely not my aim.My
aim is replace the searcher.

Plz help me in this regards. I will be highly gratefull to you for your assistance in this
work of mine.

If any part of this mail was not clear to you then plz lemme know, i will expain that you.

Regards

-sarfaraz