lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ya-Wen Hsu <y...@eline.com>
Subject RE: solr indexing takes a long time and is not reponsive to abort command
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:28:03 GMT
Sorry if you received duplicate email from me.

I checked the log, there is no error in the log and no write-lock message in the log. Where
else can I check for more information? Can I see if any query is running?

I finally killed the process and run it again. This situation happened couple times in our
production and qa environment. It usually works after we kill and restart the process. However,
we would like to figure out what happen in the first place. Thanks!

Wen
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Karich [mailto:peathal@yahoo.de]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:04 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: solr indexing takes a long time and is not reponsive to abort command

Did you kill the process or does a reload help afterwards?
Did you look into the logs? Are there errors saying sth. of a write-lock?

Peter.

> Hi,
>
> I have multi-core solr setup. All cores finished indexing in reasonable time but one.
I look at the dataimport info for the one that's hanging. The process is still in busy state
but no requests made or rows fetched. The database side just showed the process is waiting
for future command and is doing nothing. The attempt to abort the process doesn't really work.
Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks!