lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Configuring RequestHandler in solrconfig.xml OR in the Servlet code using SolrJ
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:52:14 GMT
Hi,

Sometimes I do both. I put the defaults in solrconfig.xml and thus have one place to define
all kind of low-level default settings.

But then I make a possibility in the application space to add/override any parameters as well.
This gives you great flexibility to let server administrators (with access to solrconfig.xml)
tune low level stuff, but also gives programmers a middle layer to put domain-space config
instead of locking it down on the search node or up in the web interfaces.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com