lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Villemos, Gert" <gert.ville...@logica.com>
Subject Solrj throws RuntimeException - Invalid version or the data is not in javabin format
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:42:02 GMT
I have a problem injecting data using SolrJ from a Windows client to an
Ubuntu server (see exception below). The same configuration works when
injecting from a Windows client to a Windows server.

I inject using a standard
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer instance,
created with the URL of the SOLR server. I do not change the injection
format and understand that the default injection format is XML, i.e. not
binary. The requesthandler configured in the solrconfig.xml for updates
is a solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler. I have no repsonsehandler explicitly
configured.

The stack trace seems to indicate that SolrJ tries to decode the
response as a binary stream.

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it? Do I need to configure a
responsehandler explicitly? Why does this work windows2windows and not
windows2ubuntu?

Thanks,

Gert.

------------------------ Exception --------------------------------

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid
version or th

e data in not in 'javabin' format

        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinCodec.java:

99)

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BinaryResponseParser.processRespons

e(BinaryResponseParser.java:39)

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(Commo

nsHttpSolrServer.java:466)

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(Commo

nsHttpSolrServer.java:243)

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(Ab

stractUpdateRequest.java:105)

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:64)

        at org.esa.huginn.solr.SolrContainer.add(SolrContainer.java:188)

        at
org.esa.huginn.loader.LoaderContext.execute(LoaderContext.java:69)

        at
esa.dops.game.core.schedulers.AbstractComponentScheduler.run(Abstract

ComponentScheduler.java:57)

        at
esa.dops.game.core.schedulers.RelativeTimeComponentScheduler.initiali

se(RelativeTimeComponentScheduler.java:48)

        at
esa.dops.game.core.component.AbstractComponentContext.initialize(Abst

ractComponentContext.java:87)

        at
org.esa.huginn.loader.LoaderContext.initialize(LoaderContext.java:51)

        at
esa.dops.game.core.component.AbstractComponentContext.run(AbstractCom

ponentContext.java:69)

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer
comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken
Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por
favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

and inform the sender. Thank you.