lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rakhi Khatwani <rkhatw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field Collapsing SOLR-236
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:06:25 GMT
Hi,
      I tried checking out the latest code (rev 956715) the patch did not
work on it.
Infact i even tried hunting for the revision mentioned earlier in this
thread (i.e. rev 955615) but cannot find it in the repository. (it has
revision 955569 followed by revision 955785).

Any pointers??
Regards
Raakhi

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Martijn v Groningen <
martijn.is.hier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh in that case is the code stable enough to use it for production?
>     -  Well this feature is a patch and I think that says it all.
> Although bugs are fixed it is deferentially an experimental feature
> and people should keep that in mind when using one of the patches.
> Does it support features which solr 1.4 normally supports?
>    - As far as I know yes.
>
> am using facets as a workaround but then i am not able to sort on any
> other field. is there any workaround to support this feature??
>    - Maybee http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication prevents from
> adding duplicates in you index, but then you miss the collapse counts
> and other computed values
>
> On 21 June 2010 09:04, Rakhi Khatwani <rkhatwani@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Oh in that case is the code stable enough to use it for production?
> > Does it support features which solr 1.4 normally supports?
> >
> > I am using facets as a workaround but then i am not able to sort on any
> > other field. is there any workaround to support this feature??
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raakhi
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Martijn v Groningen <
> > martijn.is.hier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Rakhi,
> >>
> >> The patch is not compatible with 1.4. If you want to work with the
> >> trunk. I'll need to get the src from
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/
> >>
> >> Martijn

> generates