lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST calls
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 03:44:19 GMT
Not at all. For one thing, a RESTful service does not allow a GET to
alter any data. It is just an HTTP-based web service.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Jason Chaffee <jchaffee@ebates.com> wrote:
> The solr docs say it is RESTful, yet it seems that it doesn't use http headers in a RESTful
way.  For example, it doesn't seem to use the Accept: request header to determine the media-type
to be returned.  Instead, it requires a query parameter to be used in the URL.  Also, it
doesn't seem to use return 304 Not Modified if the request header "if-modified-since" is used.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com