lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Duncan Jr <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject How to wait for StreamingUpdateSolrServer to finish?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:38:53 GMT
I'm prototyping using StreamingUpdateSolrServer.  I want to send a commit
(or optimize) after I'm done adding all of my docs, rather than wait for the
autoCommit to kick in.  However, since StreamingUpdateSolrServer is
multi-threaded, I can't simply call commit when I'm done, because that can
happen before the StreamingUpdateSolrServer actually sends all the docs.  I
would think that calling the method blockUntilFinished() before issuing the
commit would do the trick, but I still get my commit sent before the last
document is sent.  I've tried this with both Solr 1.4.0 and the latest
release candidate for Solr 1.4.1.  Has anybody else had this experience?
 Should I file a bug on blockUntilFinished()?

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com