lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sven Maurmann <sven.maurm...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Configuring RequestHandler in solrconfig.xml OR in the Servlet code using SolrJ
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:01:11 GMT
Hi,

there are reasons for both options. Usually it is a good idea to put the
default
configuration into the solrconfig.xml (and even fix some of the
configuration) in
order to have simple client-side code.

But sometimesit is necessary to have some flexibility for the actual query.
In this
situation one would use the client-side approach. If done right, this does
not mean
to put the parameters in the servlet code.

Cheers,
     Sven

--On Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010 17:52 +0200 "Jan Høydahl / Cominvent"