lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Spam <ps...@mac.com>
Subject Very basic questions: Indexing text
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:46:01 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to index a bunch of (potentially large) text files.  I would love to
see results like Google, so I went through a few tutorials, but I've still got questions:

1) I can get my docs in the index, but when I search, it returns the entire document.  I'd
love to have it only return the line (or two) around the search term.

2) There are one or two fields at the beginning of the file that I would like to search on,
so these should be indexed differently, right?

3) Is there a nice front-end example anywhere?  Something that would return results kind of
like Google?

Thanks for your time - Solr / Lucene seem to be very powerful.

-Pete