lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Minor bug with Solritas and price data
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:59:25 GMT
Hi Hoss,

You're the man.

I'd copied/pasted the 1.3 schema fields into my testbed schema, which
was based on the version of Solr we were using back in the Dark Ages,
when the version was 1.0 (and there was no such handy comment warning
about changing the version :)) So fields were multivalued by default.
I'd checked the docs for 1.3, but didn't realize that this behavior
had changed from 1.0 days.

Mystery solved.

If I'd used http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/schema.jsp to examine the
field type, I would have seen this.

Thanks again.

-- Ken

On Jun 21, 2010, at 11:36am, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Here's what's in my schema:
> :
> : <field name="price" type="float" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> :
> : Which is exactly what was in the original example schema.
>
> but what does hte "version" property of your schema say (at the top)
> this
> is what's in the example...
>
> <schema name="example" version="1.3">
>  <!-- attribute "name" is the name of this schema and is only used
> for display purposes.
>       Applications should change this to reflect the nature of the
> search collection.
>       version="1.2" is Solr's version number for the schema syntax
> and semantics.  It should
>       not normally be changed by applications.
>       1.0: multiValued attribute did not exist, all fields are
> multiValued by nature
>       1.1: multiValued attribute introduced, false by default
>       1.2: omitTermFreqAndPositions attribute introduced, true by
> default except for text fields.
>       1.3: removed optional field compress feature
>     -->
>

> -Hoss

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378