lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "easy.angel" <oi.is.t...@gmail.com>
Subject How to force wildcard query not to ignore word endings
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:41:03 GMT

Hello,

I have one problem with querying solr. I indexed person with 2 fields:

 * firstname - Hans
 * lastname - Mustermann

and I have copy field 'text' where these fields are copied. 'text' field is
used during query.

Now, when I search:

han*

I do have Hans Mustermann in the query results. But if I will search:

hans*

I recieve no results! However query without wildcard will return correct
results.

How can I configure solr to return Hans Mustermann for query: hans* ?

I add this wildcard dynamically (during query), so I want to have it in
every query.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg