lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From HSingh <hsin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Novice seeking help to change filters to search without diacritics
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 03:30:17 GMT

Hoss, thank you for your helpful response!

: i think what's confusing you is that you are using the
: MappingCharFilterFactory with that file in your "text" field type to
: convert any ISOLatin1Accent characters to their "base" characters

The problem is that a large range of characters are not getting converting
to their base characters.  The ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory handles this
conversion for the entire Latin character set, including the extended sets
without having to specify individual characters and their equivalent base
characters.

Is there way for me to switch to ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory?  If so, what
changes do I need to make to these files?  I would appreciate your help!