lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Rothenberg <a.rothenb...@fotofinder.net>
Subject Re: Getting FileNotFoundException with repl command=backup?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:53:35 GMT
Thanks for the info Peter, i think i ran into the same isssue some time ago
and could not find out why the backup stopped and also got deleted by solr.

I decided to stop current running updates to solr while backup is running and
wrote an own backuphandler that simply just copies the index-files to some
location and rotates older unneeded backups.

I thought about a cleaner solution where the backuphandler should create a
LOCK to the index which would prevent incomming updates to write into the
index. (the same is happening when index-optimizing is running). Then when
the LOCK is set, a backup could run without any problems and removes the LOCK
when done then. I was not able to create a working LOCK that prevents
incomming updates to be applied, never found out...

--
Alexander Rothenberg
Fotofinder GmbH		USt-IdNr. DE812854514

Geschäftsführer:	Ali Paczensky
Amtsgericht:		Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Sitz:			Berlin