lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Providing token variants at index time
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:08:03 GMT
Paul Dlug wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <rochkind@jhu.edu> wrote:
>

> The synonym approach won't work as I need to provide them in a file.
> The variants may be more dynamic and not known in advance, the process
> creating the documents to index does have that logic and could easily
> put them into the document in a format a tokenizer could pull apart
> later.
Then maybe look at the source code of the synonyms file, and build your
own filter, copying the parts that do the real work (or even
sub-classing), but instead of using a file, using the transient state
information that is for some reason only available at indexing time?

Don't entirely understand your use case, if you give some more explicit
examples, others might have other ideas.

Joanthan