lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From marship <mars...@126.com>
Subject Timeout in distributed search
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:58:40 GMT
Hi. All.
  Is there anyway to have time out support in distributed search. I searched https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-502
but looks it is not in main release of solr1.4
  I have 70 cores, when I search, some response in 0-700ms. Some return in about 2s. Some
need very long time, more than 15s. If we can add timeout support, eg: 2s. Then each time
we search, we can have the result returned within 2s. and the response time is acceptable
for our user. And as the shards already receive the query request, it will do query and cache
the result. then next time we search, it will become fast.

Anyone has the solution?

Regards.
Scott