lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From marship <mars...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re:Re: How to speed up solr search speed
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:46:46 GMT
Hi Tom Burton-West.

  Sorry looks my email ISP filtered out your replies. I checked web version of mailing list
and saw your reply.

  My query string is always simple like "design", "principle of design", "tom"

 

EG:

URL: http://localhost:7550/solr/select/?q=design&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

Response:

<response>
−
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">16</int>
−
<lst name="params">
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="start">0</str>
<str name="q">design</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
<str name="rows">10</str>
</lst>
</lst>
−
<result name="response" numFound="5981" start="0">
−
<doc>
<str name="id">product_208619</str>
</doc>

 

 

EG: http://localhost:7550/solr/select/?q=Principle&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

<response>
−
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">94</int>
−
<lst name="params">
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="start">0</str>
<str name="q">Principle</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
<str name="rows">10</str>
</lst>
</lst>
−
<result name="response" numFound="104" start="0">
−
<doc>
<str name="id">product_56926</str>
</doc>

 

As I am querying over single core and other cores are not querying at same time. The QTime
looks good.

But when I query the distributed node: (For this case, 6422ms is still a not bad one. Many
cost ~20s)

URL: http://localhost:7499/solr/select/?q=the+first+world+war&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&debugQuery=true

Response: 

<response>
−
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">6422</int>
−
<lst name="params">
<str name="debugQuery">true</str>
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="start">0</str>
<str name="q">the first world war</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
<str name="rows">10</str>
</lst>
</lst>
−
<result name="response" numFound="4231" start="0">

 

Actually I am thinking and testing a solution: As I believe the bottleneck is in harddisk
and all our indexes add up is about 10-15G. What about I just add another 16G memory to my
server then use "MemDisk" to map a memory disk and put all my indexes into it. Then each time,
solr/jetty need to load index from harddisk, it is loading from memory. This should give solr
the most throughout and avoid the harddisk access delay. I am testing ....

But if there are way to make solr use better use our limited resource to avoid adding new
ones. that would be great.

 

 

 
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message