lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Osborn <osbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject calling other core from request handler
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:23:03 GMT
I have a multi-core environment and a custom request handler. However, I have
one place where I would like to have my request handler on coreA query to coreB.
This is not distributed search. This is just an independent query to get some
additional data.

I am also guaranteed that each server will have the same core set. I am also
guaranteed that I will not be reloading cores (just indexes).

It looks I can
call coreA.getCoreDescriptor().getCoreContainer().getCore("coreB"); and then get
the Searcher and release it when I am done.

Is there a better way?

And it also appears that during the inform or init methods of my requestHandler,
coreB is NOT guaranteed to already exist?