lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject RE: Tree Faceting in Solr 1.4
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:33:37 GMT
> Perhaps completely unnessecery when you have a controlled domain, but I
> meant to use ids for places instead of names, because names will quickly
> become ambiguous, e.g.: there are numerous different places over the world
> called washington, etc.

This is related to something I've been thinking about. Okay, say you use ID's instead of names.
Now, you've got to translate those ID's to names before you display them, of course.

One way to do that would be to keep the id-to-name lookup in some non-solr store (rdbms, or
non-sql store)

Is that what you'd do? Is there any non-crazy way to do that without an external store, just
with solr?  Any way to do it with term payloads? Anything else?

Jonathan