lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Allan <mark.al...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Solr on iPad?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:16:14 GMT
Hi Stephan,

On the iPad, as with the iPhone, I'm afraid you're stuck with using
SQLite if you want any form of database in your app.

I suppose if you wanted to get really ambitious and had a lot of time
on your hands you could use Xcode to try and compile one of the open-
source C-based DBs/Indexers, but as with most things in OS X and iOS
development, if you're bending over yourself trying to implement
something, you're probably doing it wrongly!  Also, I wouldn't put it
past the AppStore guardians to reject your app purely on the basis of
having used something other than SQLite!

Apple's cocoa-dev mailing list is very active if you have problems,
but do your homework before asking questions or you'll get short shrift.
	http://lists.apple.com/cocoa-dev

Mark

On 22 Jul 2010, at 6:12 pm, Stephan Schwab wrote:

> Dear Solr community,
>
> does anyone know whether it may be possible or has already been done
> bring Solr to the Apple iPad so that applications may use a local
> search
> engine?
>
> Greetings,
> Stephan

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.