lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bharat Jain <bharat.j...@gmail.com>
Subject question about relevance
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:37:24 GMT
Hello All,

I have a index which store multiple objects belonging to a user

for e.g.
<schema>
  <field name="objType" type="..." />         ---------> Identifies user
object type e.g. userBasic or userAdv

  <!-- obj 1 -->
  <field name="first_name" type="..." />  ----> MAPS to userBasicInfoObject
  <field name="last_name" type="..." />

  <!-- obj 2 -->
  <field name="user_data_1" type="..." /> -----> MAPS to userAdvInfoObject
  <field name="user_data_2" type="..." />

</schema>

Now when I am doing some query I get multiple records mapping to java
objects (identified by objType) that belong to the same user.

Now I want to show the relevant users at the top of the list. I am thinking
of adding the Lucene scores of different result documents to get the best
scores. Is this correct approach to get the relevance of the user?

Thanks
Bharat Jain