lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Justin Lolofie <jta...@gmail.com>
Subject boosting particular field values
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:23:53 GMT
I'm using dismax request handler, solr 1.4.

I would like to boost the weight of certain fields according to their
values... this appears to work:

bq=category:electronics^5.5

However, I think this boosting only affects sorting the results that
have already matched? So if I only get 10 rows back, I might not get
any records back that are category electronics. If I get 100 rows, I
can see that bq is working. However, I only want to get 10 rows.

How does one affect the kinds of results that are matched to begin
with? bq is the wrong thing to use, right?

Thanks for any help,
Justin