lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr 3.1 dev
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:20:30 GMT
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Eric Grobler <impalaherd@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have a few questions :-)
>
> a) Will the next release of solr be 3.0 (instead of 1.5)?

The next release will be 3.1 (matching the next lucene version off of
the 3x branch).
Trunk is 4.0-dev

> b) How stable/mature is the current 3x version?

For features that are not new, it should be very stable.

> c) Is LocalSolr implemented? where can I find a list of new features?

Solr spatial is partly implemented... currently in trunk.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch

> d) Is this the correct method to download the lasted stable version?
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x

The last official Solr release was 1.4.1
Nightly builds aren't official apache releases... but plenty of people
do use them in production environments (after appropriate testing of
course).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com