lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Search Query : Exception : Software caused connection abort
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:01:50 GMT
How big is "very big"?

Tomcat has to be configured for the maximum length of the parameter
field in a POST. Is your query string longer than that?

If much of the query string is repeated across queries, you can make a
<requestHandler> in solrconfig.xml that adds extra parameters in the
file with a <defaults> clause.

It is also possible that the parsed query was too large for Lucene to handle.