lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Darniz <rnizamud...@edmunds.com>
Subject Do we need index analyzer for query elevation component
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:50:17 GMT

Hello,
In order for query elevation we define a type. do we really need index time
analyzer for query elevation type.
Let say we have some document already indexed and i added only the query
time analyzer, looks like solr reads the words in elevate.xml and map words
to the respective document. in that case why would we need index time
analyzers, unless i am missing something.
Please let me know

     <fieldType name="elevateKeywordsType" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">

            <analyzer type="query">
            </analyzer>
        </fieldType>