lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From kirsty <kirst...@gmail.com>
Subject Date sorting
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 05:31:56 GMT

Hi I hope someone can point out what I am doing wrong.
I have a date field in my schema
<field name="PublishDate" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true" />

and I am trying to do a sort on it
example url:
...select/?sort=PublishDate
asc&qt=FinCompanyCodeSearch&rows=20&fq=CompanyCode:1TM&fl=CompanyCode%20Title%20PublishDate

This works for the most part, but if I keep looking down my results list
returned by the search I have some random date and then it's back to sorting
again.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n1219372/SolrSortIssue.jpg

Looking at the above image you can see the dates seem to be in order, then I
get a 2010-08-17 date between the 2010-07 dates. This is just a sample..but
my full results continues like that.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Kirsty