lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ahammad <ahmed.ham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Matching exact words
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:24:58 GMT

Hello Erick,

Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused by this whole stemming thing.
What exactly does it refer to?

Basically, I already have a field which is essentially a collection of many
other fields (done using copyField). This field is a text field. So what
you're saying is to have a duplicate of this field with different properties
such that it does not stem?

When querying, I assume that I will have to explicitly specify which field
to search against...is this correct?

I'm a little rusty on the solr stuff to be honest so please bear with me.

Thanks