lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: delete Problem..
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:52:15 GMT
Hi,

Since EMAIL_HEADER_FROM is a String type, you need to specify the whole field every time.
Wildcards could also work, but you'll get a problem with leading wildcards.

The solution would be to change the fieldType into a "text" type using e.g. StandardTokenizerFactory
- if this does not break other functionality you need on that field. Then it would support
searching part of the field. You should make this as a phrase search to avoid ambiguities.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com