lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Gearon <gear...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DIH and Cassandra
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:37:26 GMT
If data is stored in the index, isn't the index of Solr pretty much already a 'Big/Cassandra
Table', except with tokenized columns to make seaching easier?

How are Cassandra/Big/Couch DBs doing text/weighted searching?

Seems a real duplication to use Cassandra AND Solr. OTOH, I don't know how many 'Tables'/indexes
one can make using Solr, I'm still a newbie.

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
EARTH has a Right To Life,
  otherwise we all die.