lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: No "group by"? looking for an alternative.
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:54:20 GMT
Mickael Magniez wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be enough. In fact, I have many other
> products than shoes in my index, with many other facets fields.
>
> I simplified my schema : in reality facets are dynamic fields.

You could change the way you do indexing, so every product-color-size
combo is it's own "document".

Document1:
    product: running shoe
    size: 12
    color: red

Document2:
    product: running shoe
   size: 13
    color: red

That would let you do the kind of facetting drill-down you want to do.
It would of course make other things more complicated. But it's the only
way I can think of to let you do the kind of facet drill-down you want,
if I understand what you want correctly, which I may not.

Jonathan