lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Analyser depending on field's value
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:25:01 GMT
On 2010-08-16 10:06, Damien Dudognon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use a specific stopword list depending on a field's value. For example, if
type == 1 then I use stopwords1.txt to index "text" field, else I use stopwords2.txt.

> I thought of several solutions but no one really satisfied me:
> 1) use one Solr instance by type, and therefore a distinct index by type;
> 2) use as many fields as types with specific rules for each field (e.g. a field "text_1"
for the type "1" which uses "stopwords1.txt", "text_2" for other types which uses "stopwords2.txt",
...)

> I am sure that there is a better solution to my problem.
>
> If anyone have a suitable solution to suggest to me ... :-)

Perhaps the solution described here:

Take a look at the example that uses token types to put text into
different fields, which can then be analyzed differently.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><