lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr date "NOW" - format?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:40:11 GMT
  On 4/9/2010 7:35 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:
> Function queries are notoriously slow. Another way to boost by year is
> with range queries:
> [NOW-6MONTHS TO NOW]^5.0 ,
> [NOW-1YEARS TO NOW-6MONTHS]^3.0
> [NOW-2YEARS TO NOW-1YEARS]^2.0
> [* TO NOW-2YEARS]^1.0
>
> Notice that you get to have a non-linear curve when you select the
> ranges by hand.

Lance, I have worked out my major issue and now have my post date in
Solr as a tdate field named "pd."  I cannot however figure out how to
actually send a query with a date boost like you've mentioned above.
I'd like to embed it right into the dismax handler definition, but it
would be good to also know how to send it in a query myself.  Can you help?

Are the boosts indicated above a multiplier, or an addition?

Thanks,
Shawn