lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Zientara" <sc...@tekdata.com>
Subject How to use synonms on a faceted field with multiple words
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:31:57 GMT
I am trying to use solr.SynonymFilterFactory on a faceted field in Solr 1.3.
I am using Solr to index resources from a media library. The data is coming from various
sources, some of which I do not have control over. I need to be able to map resource
types in the data to common terms for faceting. For example:
video,audio => digital media
film,laser disc, vhs video => other

I am using solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory for the analyzer, but Solr will not treat
multiple words as a single token.
A single word to single word map (i.e. film => other) works perfectly .
A single to double word map (i.e. film => other stuff) becomes 2 terms which is unfit for

faceting.
A double word to single word map (i.e. vhs video => videotape) doesn't seem to match at

all.

I've tried this with and without the tokenizerFactory="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"
attribute in the synonm filter element. I've tried to escape the space in the synonm file

(i.e. video => digital\bmedia).

Is it possible to use the synonm filter to map multi-word terms for a facteted field? If
so, what am I missing?