lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From gwk <g...@eyefi.nl>
Subject Re: Autosuggest on PART of cityname
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:01:08 GMT
  On 8/19/2010 4:45 PM, PeterKerk wrote:
> I want to have a Google-like autosuggest function on citynames. So when user
> types some characters I want to show cities that match those characters but
> ALSO the amount of locations that are in that city.
>
> Now with Solr I now have the parameter:
> "&fq=title:Bost"
>
> But the result doesnt show the city Boston. So the fq parameter now seems to
> be an exact match, where I want it to be a partial match as well, more like
> this in SQL: WHERE title LIKE '<value>%'
>
> How can I do this?

Hi,

We do something similar (http://www.mysecondhome.co.uk), our solution is
quite similar to the one proposed by Markus however we use a separate
core for the auto-completion data which is updated hourly, this is due
to the fact you can complete on multiple levels of geography which would
be quite hard to do with faceting.

Regards,

gwk