lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject spellcheck index blown away during rebuild
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:14:16 GMT
  I am just delving into the spellcheckcomponent on a test server
running a 3.1 build from June 29th.  I have noticed that when you ask
for a rebuild of the spell check index, it deletes it before starting
the rebuild.  It takes about 39 minutes to build one (3GB), which is a
long time to do without autosuggest.  I expect it to take less time on
my production servers, but don't yet know how much less.

Given that it seems to be using the same segment capabilities as the
rest of Solr, would it not be possible for it to keep the old one around
while it builds a new one, then switch before deleting the old one?  I
could not see an existing Jira issue on this.  Does anyone know of one,
or should I create it?

Thanks,
Shawn