lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Allan <mark.al...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: how to create a custom type in Solr
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:38:26 GMT
On 9 Aug 2010, at 1:01 pm, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Mark,
>
> A good way to get your changes/improvements into Solr is by putting
> them in
> JIRA.  Please see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute
>
> Thanks!
> Otis

Hi Otis,

For the class which requires only minor modifications, I tested it to
ensure it doesn't break existing compatibility/functionality, and then
I created an issue in JIRA and uploaded a patch:

I then posted a message about it to the list and got the following

On 7 Jul 2010, at 6:24 pm, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Originally, I had intended that it was just for one Field Sub Type,
>> thinking that if we ever wanted multiple sub types, that a new,
>> separate class would be needed
>
> Right - this was my original thinking too.  AbstractSubTypeFieldType
> is only a convenience class to create compound types... people can
> do it other ways.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

When I replied to ask if that meant the changes wouldn't be included,
I got no response. As there's been no activity in JIRA, I didn't
bother putting any of my other changes into JIRA as they all relied on
that one.
Mark

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.