lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: refreshing synonyms.txt - or other configs
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:52:00 GMT

> My solr doesn't have any cores defined. Do the Solr have a
> default core
> running all the time? In order to use SolrQueryRequest and
> SolrQueryResponse
> do we have to define any other classes?

I didn't understand your questions completely. But with the piece of code  -given in one of
jar file into solrhome/lib dir.
Also you need to register this new custom RH in solrconfig.xml:

<requestHandler name="/reload" class="my.package.solr.handler.DummyRequestHandler"/>

If you hit this url http://localhost:8983/solr/reload  it will reload your core.

More about solr plugins : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins